Thank you for taking the time to provide support to each other and to strategize about the future of our SEPAC community. Our December meeting was extremely productive! Here are some quick and important takeaways:
We will be holding elections for the following SEPAC leadership positions in the coming weeks. The open positions are described below.
If you are interested in running for one of these positions, please email email@example.com prior to our January 21, 2022 meeting. The candidates will be announced at the January 21st meeting. We encourage everyone, including newcomers, to run for a position!
We will hold the election via Survey Monkey between January 25, 2022, and February 15th, 2022, and will announce the results at our February 18th, 2022 meeting.
We also decided that moving forward:
- Monthly meetings should be used as a time for community connection and support.
- Events with speakers should occur once or twice a year.
- Breakout groups for different campuses would be helpful.
- We will circulate a spreadsheet for SEPAC members to share profiles voluntarily so that people can connect with those with similar profiles when specific support is needed.
- New leadership will work with the SEPAC community to continue to develop strategy moving forward
Please know the goal is not to become overly bureaucratic, but rather to promote representative leadership focusing on advocacy and support.